Saturday, September 5, 2009

bugs, bugs, bugs!

Ugh! I'm so mad! (And itchy.) Who else out there has a huge mosquito problem like I do? the kind where you wake up in the morning scratching your arms off? I guess it's so bad for my mom, my little sister and I, because we are slightly more allergic than other people. Oh, and we also have giant flies in our house. Honestly, I don't know how many we have in our house, 'cause i think one drowned in my dad's O.J. last night. But if you have the same problem, or can help, please, please, please post a comment about it!

~Really tired of bugs Robin

P.S. Yes, we do have fruit flies too. But my mom found a way to trap them. Here's how:
  1. first get some apple cider vinegar, and pour it in a plastic cup.
  2. next, put some plastic wrap over the cup.
  3. poke small holes in the top of the plastic wrap.
  4. last, put near a place where your fruit flies go the most
The fruit flies will smell the apple cider vinegar and will crawl in to the holes. Eventually they will figure out that they can't get out. After holding on for to long they fill fall in to the apple cider vinegar. One down, a thousand more to go.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is gross, but I have a few flies in my house right now. I think this is because our cat kills mice and leaves them by the front door. THe moment someone opens the door, the flies zoom right in. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ideas! (I'm going to tell you disgusting stuff!!) Recently, we bought freshly-cut flowers and put it into a glass container and added water into it. A few weeks later, the flowers started to droop, one fell into the water. And a few weeks more, around the fallen flower, there grew a white coccoun thing, and inside was lots and lots of fruit flies! I was so creeped that I nearly threw up. And last year (wow...) we bought flour, and it was hidden deep into the drawers. This week, we took it out and inside were fruit flies crawling all over the place. We're saved, thanks to your mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definatly try the fruit fly cure!!

    ('cause I have them too)

    ReplyDelete