Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lost at lunchtime

"Well, when I started middle school, I was nervous about where to sit during lunch. I knew from orientation that the cafeteria was really big and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find my friends. I REALLY don't want to be walking around with a lunch tray and not be able to find my friends."

Here's my advice:
I guess it could be kinda awkward wandering around the cafeteria. So here are some things that I would suggest:
  • If you have class with the friends you were planing to sit with right before lunch, then why don't you walk to lunch with those friends?
  • But if you don't, then call your friends ahead of time and think of a place to sit there. (Just try to remember where the tables were from orientation, ie: near the back door, by the lunch line...)
  • Oh, and are you really going to look that odd if you can't find your friends? A whole bunch of people are starting middle school too, probably with the same fear you do!
~Reconnecting friends, Robin

1 comment: