Sunday, August 23, 2009

Take it as it Lasts

The Pond at Brookside Gardens


There is so much to do in summer time, not all of it can be done. For instance have you ever...

  • frozen grapes? (I hear they're good!)
  • biked around in the rain?
  • gone to your local botanical garden?
In fact, I did go to my local botanical garden. Yes it was kinda hot, but boy was it worth it! There is so much to do, like going to the Wings of Fancy Butterfly Show. Talk about flying colors! There are long walks, fountains, a Japanese Tea House overlooking a pond, a labyrinth(fun for kids), and even a Children's Garden! It just makes me wonder, what do you have in your area?

What have YOU done for fun this summer, and what would YOU suggest other people visit?

~Recreational Robin

4 comments:

  1. I have visited the most awesome island ever-- Bermuda! There were beaches and bays of the whitest sands to the pinkest. The water was a beautiful blue-green! I remember visiting coral reefs with colorful fishes- so close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I did do the same. Bermuda. Island in the middle of the ocean, surrondedf by aquamarine colors, with the dark shadow's casting of dark blue. And black, reflections of rocks. There was known with lots of shipwrecks. The history has an uncomplete beginning. Although the rest followed the story of Christiphor Columbous. It was a fantastic place to kayake, there were mangroves, one of Yalz's fasinated trees. It was actually a storm when we kayaked. We saw an species forbidden to take home during the kayake, snails, it was amazing. Bermuda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and while I was at camp, I popped grapes in my water bottle and froze it in water. I have to say it kinda tasted like grape! It's great!

    (Panther Paws is me, "Yalz")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frozen grapes in a water bottle! That's brilliant! I say take that along on a picnic by a lake and watcht the dragonflies dance around.

    ReplyDelete