Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Imponderables!

What is an imponderable? Well, the way I see it, it is something often pondered about. But most people don't know the answer! Here are some of my home made imponderables:

  • If you are drawing a picture of water, why is it always blue?
  • Why do we put apples on a teacher's desk?
  • What in hairspray or hair gel makes your hair stick together?
  • Why are digital watch lights usually blueish or greenish?
I got this idea from the series of Imponderables books by David Feldman (highly suggested). If you have a good imponderable, and would like an answer, (or you have an answer to one of mine)then just post a comment!

P.S. here are some of my personal favorites from the book, with answers!

  • If you turn up the radio will the batteries drain faster? Yes. Three times faster.
  • Why do paper-cuts hurt so much? Well, you have the most nerve endings in your hands, which is the place you usually would get a paper cut. Also, I think you should keep cuts moist to heel faster.
  • Do penguins have knees? Yes! Their feathers just cover them up!
  • why do dogs tilt there heads if you talk to them? In their language, it means they are listening to you! Plain staring means they are showing aggression and if they look away, then we could assume they are not listening.
~Revealing Answers, Robin

4 comments:

  1. I have an imponderable. How can Miley Cyrus be so incredibly annoying and do stupid racist stuff, yet make such a good song (The Climb)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have one!!!

    Okay, I have been observing my dog (and others) these past few years. Only rarely do they look up at the sky. Do they even notice that the sky is even there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nice one. Although, they do. Sometimes I stick my head out of the window and call my dogs name and my dogs lifts their head and stares at the sky sometimes. :P Cute scene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do flounders have both eyes on the same side of their faces?

    ReplyDelete